Friday, December 16, 2011

The Garden After 30-plus mls of Rain







Above: David Austin's beautiful honeycomb-icecream fragranced 'Troilus'


Above: A small plant of Sarah Van Fleet drooped as its blooms filled with water after the downpour.


Above: The single and semi-double roses like the hybrid musk Eva don't miss a beat in the rain, no matter how heavy.


Above: The crisp, clear pink of John Claire.


Above and below: The lovely tea rose Marie Van Houtte.






Above: One of my top five tea roses, General Schablikine.


Above: In the area where this rose grows I once planted two yellow David Austin roses- Yellow Button and Symphony. Only one of these two roses now remains, but which one??? As can be seen from the photo, it is amazingly free-flowering, and the blooms display all shades of yellow from the almost white to deep yellow.


Above: The scrumptious tea rose Isabella Sprunt...love the name, adore the rose!

I displayed my amazing weather prediction skills last weekend when just after I declared "I don't think we'll get any rain out of this change...it just doesn't feel like it", the heavens opened and we received over 30ml of rain in less than 30 minutes.

I love walking around the garden after rain...everything is so sparkling and fresh, and even the roses that have 'filled and tipped' are beautiful to behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment