Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Carabella



Carabella is a handy Aussie-bred rose that is incredibly disease-resistant and long flowering. I have seen it used to great effect planted along pool fences as a screen, and in hedging schemes, and very few roses could match it in this area. I originally had three planted together, but the immature Silky Oak Tree that was growing near them at the time of planting in 1996 has since grown into a very large and greedy mature tree, and the two Carabellas planted at its base died due to me not upping their water and feeding to compensate. This sole surviving Carabella is still doing very well despite living in shade for most of the day. The scent of the single blush pink flowers is supposed to be "sweet and mild", but I must admit that I have never once thought to smell the blooms so I can't verify this statement.



No comments:

Post a Comment