Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tumbarumba Schoolhouse Rambler



This beautiful specimen of the rambler hybrid multiflora rose 'Tumbarumba Schoolhouse' is growing in the garden of Tricia Robinson, who kindly took these photographs in order for me to say without any doubt that this rose does NOT grow anywhere in my garden.

Two plants of it were definitely planted in c. 1996, but I can't recall having noticed a rambler of this distinct colour ever flowering at 'Eurimbla'.


As far as Tricia and I can tell, these two photos are the only ones to be found of Tumbarumba Schoolhouse anywhere on the Internet. The only information I can find about it is scribbled in my rose map book, and it says that TSH is a dark pink multiflora rambler.


I obtained my specimens from Hedgerow Nursery at Tumbarumba, and if I could only remember where it was that I had "safely" stashed my old rose catalogues, I would be able to retrieve the information about this rose that was included in Hedgerow's 1996 catalogue.

If my track record is anything to go by, that event isn't going to be happening any time soon, so until the old catalogues surface, or someone else offers up some information about this rose's provenence, Tricia's two lovely photos are the sum total of our information about Tumbarumba Schoolhouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment