Thursday, October 20, 2011

Single Wild Seedling Rose









One of the most exciting things about having a big country garden is the surprise packet seedlings that occasionally pop up through the old mulch, such as the one pictured above. I have no idea what it is, but it is a big sprawly shrub that covers itself with lovely white single blooms every Spring. It flowers in November, but has started to spot flower now in mid-October. I carefully removed the little seedling when I first spied it five or six years ago, potted it up, and then "temporarily" planted it out in an empty vegie bed near the old cubby house.

Of course, while I totally ignored it the seedling proceeded to grow enormous, and now is too big to be ever moved. I don't mind where it is, but whichever of our sons is on ride-on mower duty hates getting too close to the prickly over-amorous arms of my 'delicate' little wildling.



No comments:

Post a Comment